ADSM-L

Re: A question about migration

2015-10-04 17:51:04
Subject: Re: A question about migration
From: Scott K. Forbes [SMTP:forbes AT TROY01.PAD.NAVP.GMEDS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Steven:

    We have a similar setup where clients backup to disk pools and
noticed the possibility of lost data if the drive were to die. I
implemented four admin. jobs (since I have four disk volumes in the
primary pool) to drain the data directly to tape (using the move data
command). This reduces any chance that data could be lost. Also, I don't
perform a backup of the tape storage pool, to a tape copy pool, until the
data has been drained from the disk pool. This will insure that both
pools are in synch. Lastly, I perform an incremental of the data base to
a disk file for recovery.

     Hope this helps.

                                                         Scott Forbes
                                                         Electronic Data