ADSM-L

Re: Move Nodes to another ADSM server

1998-11-19 10:23:23
Subject: Re: Move Nodes to another ADSM server
From: "Buechler, Becky" <buechler AT KCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:23:23 -0600
Hi Jack,
I have three ADSM servers running on the same MVS LPAR because of the
reasons you mentioned. The only thing you need to remember to change is your
TCPPort's. I use 1500, 1502 and 1504.
I also tried to do the export/import's on the nodes. However when I ran into
some rather large Novell clients it became easier to just start all over
with the backups. The exports would run over 24 hours and cause very high
CPU usage.  It started to impact my nightly backups.

The only other issue's you may run into is if you do a lot of restores from
one node to another.  If the two nodes are located in separate servers you
will need to add the -server option to your restore.

Becky Buechler
Kimberly Clark Corporation
email: buechler AT kcc DOT com