ADSM-L

Two questions, Unix & Novell, stoping and starting restore

1998-11-19 09:01:25
Subject: Two questions, Unix & Novell, stoping and starting restore
From: Krzysztof Murkowski <Krzysztof.Murkowski AT VOLKSWAGEN DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:01:25 +0100
Hi,

I have two questions. We are running ADSM server and client v 3.0
in UNIX, DB2, Novell and OS2 environment.

1. We have to restore at the Unix client the backup stored by Novell
client. I tried to follow the Novell and Unix client manual - topic
restoring, advanced considirations. As described I've granted the access
from Novell client for Unix client for all files for backups. Query
access shows that access has been granted. But then if I try to restore
or query filespace from Unix client using option -fromnode now files or
filespaces are showed (but I can see the backuped resorces from for
example other unix clients, it seems like it doesn't work cross platform
Unix & Novell).
The local ADSM guru adviced to start Unix client with Novell client
nodename using option -virtualnodename but it didn't give me the
possibility to see the stored Novell backups.
Q: How can I restore at Unix client backups stored by Novell client ?

2. We restored the huge backup (Novell client). We have to stop it for
some reason. I have read about commands: query restore, restart restore,
etc.
We stoped the restoring at server level using cancel session because the
dsmc module at Novell server didn't handle CTRL+C keys.
This stopped restore was not visible after query restore and cannot be
continued with restart restore.
Q: How to stop the restore session to have the possibility to continue
restore with restart restore command ?

Best regards,
KM

--
Krzysztof Murkowski
Krzysztof Murkowski

mailto:Krzysztof.Murkowski AT volkswagen DOT de