ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation...

1998-11-19 09:06:07
Subject: Re: Reclamation...
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 06:06:07 -0800
Hi Allen,

Use the Admin schedules. Define two schedules per tape pool: one that
sets the pool's RECLAIM value to 100 and another to reset it to its
normal value. The start times should reflect when you want reclamation
to run, and when you don't want it to run.

Note that setting the RECLAIM value to 100 won't automatically stop an
already running process. If reclamation is already running when the
value is set to 100, you will either have to wait for the process to
finish or cancel the process.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi,

We are having a small problem with reclamations going off in the middle of
the day. When they happen,  it causes our drives to be tied up for too
long,
and that means we have trouble retrieving archived files for a real-time
music delivery system.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make reclamations only happen at
night?

Thanks,

Allen Hutchison
Digital Library Systems Administrator