ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation...

1998-11-19 09:00:16
Subject: Re: Reclamation...
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:00:16 -0600
We just had that same problem.

Create an administrative command schedule to update the storage pool that is
being reclaimed and increase the reclamation threshhold to some very high
percentage (we used 80%) or to 100% some time in the morning.  Then create a
second administrative command schedule to update the storage pool reclamation
threshhold down to a lower number some time at night.  This will cause
reclamation to initiate at night but not during the day.  We did the
following:

def sched threshu type=admin startt=06:00:00 active=yes cmd="update stgpool
tapepool reclaim=80"
def sched threshd type=admin startt=22:00:00 active=yes cmd="update stgpool
tapepool reclaim=20"

Hope this helps.

Betsy

ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu on 11/19/98 07:50:41 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu @ INTERNET