ADSM-L

Exchange Connect Agent

1998-11-19 08:35:54
Subject: Exchange Connect Agent
From: Phil Chissell <phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:35:54 -0000
We are monitoring our ADSM Server and its clients via Tivoli using the
ADSM V3 feature of being able to send events directly to the TEC.

However, when Exchange fails its backups, no events are recorded in the
activity log as we found to our cost when no Exchange backups had
occurred for a particular Exchange server.

How does anybody else monitor this?  Surely, we don't have to check all
the Exchange connect agents'  logs on daily basis?

We are running ADSM Server V3 (ptf4) and ADSM Clients V3 (ptf3) and
Exchange Connect Agent (fix 1.1A).

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell
National Power plc
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
Wilts. SN5 6PB
UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1793 894237
Fax: +44 (0)1793 894230
MailTo:Phil.Chissell AT natpower DOT com