ADSM-L

Re: 3.1.2.0 Upgrade experience for OS/390

1998-11-19 08:13:05
Subject: Re: 3.1.2.0 Upgrade experience for OS/390
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:13:05 -0500
Hi Roger,

   Well your timing is great. We upgraded to 3.1.2.0 this past weekend so
here you go.

     ADSM SERVER    -    OS/390
     ADSM DB        -    9 GB

  It took me about 2 minutes to upgrade the database from 3.1.1.2 to
3.1.2.0. We haven't
had any problems yet (5 days and counting). I think that the DB upgrade
works like this,
your daat base remains in the original format but all new DB information is
written to the
DB in the new format. Well I hope this helps and good luck with your
upgrade.

                         Brian

Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE> on 11/19/98 07:56:22 AM

Subject:  3.1.2.0 Upgrade experience for OS/390

Hi adsmer's,

may anyone share his upgrade experience to adsm 3.1.2.0 with me?
We have to upgrade our adsm host from 3.1.1.5 to 3.1.2.0. Due to the
UPGRADE DB I think we need an appropriate time window.
Our database is something like 5 GB large. Do I have to deal with minutes,
hours or days?

Any other aspects to think about (growing db, whatever)?

Thanks in advance

Roger Hohmann

WestLB
Division: 009 Services