ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM not detecting directories - Solaris 2.5.1

1998-11-19 07:47:23
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM not detecting directories - Solaris 2.5.1
From: Matthew Glanville <mwg AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 07:47:23 -0500
Ilona J Kersey wrote:

> Found this thread in the archives ... we are having the same problem with
> Solaris 2.6 clients (ADSM client version 3,1,0.3 PTF 3)
>
> didn't find a solution posted ... is this still an open issue or was the
> solution posted under a different thread?

This may have somthing to do with the 'loop back filesystem' bug.

Using Solaris 2.6 ADSM 3.1.03

If you had a directory on your server:

/export/home/mydir      (ufs filesystem, exported to my NIS domain)

And a directory was mounted as 'lofs' because it was on the same machine
it is exported from:
/home/mydir             (mounted locally on the same machine, cuz I was logged
in!)

NEITHER would get backed up

With Solaris 2.6 ADSM 3.1.05, BOTH of them would get backed up, unless
you used an undocumented
option in your 'dsm.sys' file:  TEST SKIPLOFS

I hope with the next PTF they will think a little bit more before
putting support for tricky things
like this in their client software.  They should have treated 'lofs'
mounted filesystems just like they
treat NFS mounted ones.

--
Matthew Glanville