ADSM-L

Re: Archive & offsited

1998-11-19 05:38:10
Subject: Re: Archive & offsited
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:38:10 +0000
Hi,

The MOVE MEDIA feature came in with Version 3 and is what we use to take
primary copies out of automated storage :  it works very similarly to
MOVE DRM (which works on copypool tapes).  When a request for a tape
which has been moved comes in (for a retrieve say) the console/actlog
gets messages to check the tape back in within (your) specified time
period.  So it's up to you to notice such requests or find a way to
automate noticing them.

Regards, Sheelagh
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275