ADSM-L

Re: Move Nodes to another ADSM server

1998-11-19 04:13:17
Subject: Re: Move Nodes to another ADSM server
From: Eric Tang <tangeric AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:13:17 +0800
Hi Jack,

I am also going to move some nodes from Server_A to a new server_B (both
are AIX server). In my case, the 2nd server is new and both servers are
using common media 3590; in general, I plan to backup db from old server_A,
restore db to server_B, delete the filespace, node ... etc of those I don't
want to keep in Server_A, and delete the rest from Server_B. Depends on the
data volume of those nodes, seems that this can prevent export/import which
might take a long time when compare to delete filespace.

I hope the above will work but still have to sort out the details for the
move, eg, network path connectivity between new server and client, disk
space for database restore, disable the server or lock the node to prevent
user access, checkout tapes from Server_A and checkin tapes to Server_B ...
etc.

Regards,
Eric Tang