ADSM-L

Re: Storage Migration Question

1998-11-18 17:04:00
Subject: Re: Storage Migration Question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:04:00 -0500
I don't know where this is documented, but what I remember from prior
discussions on this list is:

When ADSM starts migration, it looks in the first disk pool and finds the
client which is occupying the most space in the pool.  It migrates all that
client's data out first.  Then migrates all the files from the client
occupying the next most space, etc.

Side effect is that if you only have 1 client's data in the pool, ADSM will
only start one migration task, no matter how many migration tasks are
defined for that pool.

Anyway, that is what I remember.  I don't know a way around it.  Only thing
I can think of that might affect it is if you had collocation by filespace
turned on, instead of collocation by client.  Then you would still probably
be limited if all the files came from the same filespace.

Does that correspond with the behavior you are seeing?
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert