ADSM-L

Import Node problem

1998-11-18 16:30:07
Subject: Import Node problem
From: Ronnie Ignacio <rigna1 AT JCPENNEY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:30:07 -0500
Hi ADSMers:

I've been trying to export/import a node to a new storage pool and domain, but
have been unsuccessful.
My goal is to move a node 'client1'  which is using a stgpool named backuptape
and in domain unix_do
to a new stgpool named dr_pool and I want to register it to a new domain named
dr_do in the same
server. These are the steps I've done so far:
1. Defined the new stgpool -- dr_pool
2. Defined the new domain, policy sets, mgmt class, and copygroup. The new
domain is dr_do
3. Exported client1 using the ff command:
    export node client1 domain=backuptape filedata=all devclass=3590class
scratch=yes
4. rename node client1 client1old
5. Imported client1 using the following comand:
    import node client1 do=sys_do filedata=all dev=tape vol=....

When the import step completed, no data was imported from the volume. The
activity log states that
the import was a success. But when I don't include the 'do=sys_do' parameter,
the import restores
all the data on the volume but assigned the client1 to the same
domain--unix_do. I also tried to reassign
client1 from unix_do to dr_do before the export and then import it using the
command in step 5. The
import restores the the node  definition on the dr_do, backup data, but did not
restore the archive data.

Can export/import do what I'm trying to accomplish? Am I missing a step? I also
tried to register the
node before importing to the new domain, but it did not help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ron