ADSM-L

Re: WEBSHELL on NT and Netware

1998-11-18 15:32:13
Subject: Re: WEBSHELL on NT and Netware
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:32:13 -0800
Hello Peter,

Currently you need to use the regular Backup-Archive client
to archive files, as the Webshell client does not support
this function.

There are no plans to enhance the Webshell client any
further, nor are there any plans to port it to NetWare.

Instead a new ADSM component, the ADSM Web (not "Webshell")
Client is planned for delivery with our next client PTF
which is due out in mid-January. The Web Client will support
backup, restore, archive, and retrieve functions. A Web Client
for NetWare will be included. You can get
more info from our web site http://www.ibm.com/storage/adsm.
Click on the News link, then the "Worldwide ADSM customer
announcements" link to find the announcement materials.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

It seems that WEBSHELL for Windows NT is not able to use the archive method
for backing up old files. Does anybody know a workaround for that?

Furthermore I'd like to know if the Netware WEBSHELL will support this
feature which will be important for us to have.

Best Regards
Peter Boehm
Email: PBoehm AT de.ims-int DOT com