ADSM-L

software error masquerading as hardware: AIX & ADSM3.1.2

1998-11-18 12:27:48
Subject: software error masquerading as hardware: AIX & ADSM3.1.2
From: Joseph A Faracchio <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:27:48 PST
We have a 3466/NSM with a 7337 changer.  (AIX & DLTs)

The ADSM Server was abend'ng on a web client error so we took IBM's
recommendation and had them upgrade our box from 3.1.1.5 to 3.1.2.0.

But now we are having tape drive errors on the first drive
and when our CE does a TAR there's no problem and then he
swaps the first and second drives and the problem stays with
the first drive and does not follow the hardware.

Has anyone heard or seen this error with AIX/ADSM 3.1.1.2?

thanks ... joe.f.