ADSM-L

Re: Optical Jukeboxes /Microfiche

1998-11-18 04:08:35
Subject: Re: Optical Jukeboxes /Microfiche
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:08:35 +0100
Some times ago I had to do with a 3995 model which emulates 3390-2 drives.
(forgot the exact number, with parralel connector, no escon). We tried to
use it for hsm purposes, but: Sloooow. The writing speed of those MO media
seems to be limited, and you have to handle that you can't use all logical
volumes at the same time, else you got very much changing activity. We
noticed it's good for small files, but too slow for larger ones. This is
about 3 yrs ago, so times may have changed.

Regards
Roger