ADSM-L

Re: Comments from a newbie/Tape backup question

1998-11-18 01:48:32
Subject: Re: Comments from a newbie/Tape backup question
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:48:32 +0200
O.K. ,

I've had mixed responses from people on this list regarding the
original post - I am sorry for blowing you off like that, Hon!
I admit that I did not know the circumstances behind your question.

I've been on this list since V1 of ADSM and old timers like Kelly, Jerry,
Dwight etc. will tell you that this is the first time I've actually not
helped
somebody with a question.

Just some advice then to Newbies - Next time you have a question
please give a bit more detail as to what you have tried thus far - don't
just go out and ask a question. (This will enable people on the list to
decide in an informed manner whether you are just trying to catch a
free ride or is this a genuine question that you have thought through).

Hon, if you need additional info feel free to post - The rest of the
people on the list - please post directly to me if you need to discuss
this further (I'll be more than willing to explain why I feel it is
necessary
to be harsh in certain instances).

Regards

Christo Heuer