ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 15 Nov 1998 to 16 Nov 1998

1998-11-17 14:10:19
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 15 Nov 1998 to 16 Nov 1998
From: wscheid AT US.IBM DOT COM
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:10:19 -0700
Qun Du,

There are a couple of things that could cause this problem.  The first is
that there could be some
"extra" characters added by your e-mail program when you sent the
certificate to the CA for signing.
Another problem could be that the certificate request was opened in a
program that appened a char at
the end of the file.  The easist way to fix this problem is to delete your
certificate request(s) and
keyring file.  Then, recreate the certificate request and keyring file.
You can reuse the
password and keyring filename that you defined to ADSM with the DEFINE
KEYRING command, to save yourself
a little work.

We suggest that you try the self signed certificate option.  This requires
that you create a PEM certificate and recieve the certificate request back
into your keyring file without having it signed by a Certificate
Authority.  There is a known limitation, which is you can not use MS
Internet Explorer with certificates created in this mannor (IE does not
trust unsigned certificates).  However, Netscape's Navigator will accept
the certificate.  Instruction to generate this type of keyring file with a
self signed certificate are provide in the AIX Quick Start guide in the
APENDIX or in the server README file.  If you still need further
support contact ADSM Support who can walk you through the certificate
creation process.

ADSM SSL Server Developer

-----
-----
Hi,
Hi,

 We tried to run SSL for ADSM server 3.1.2 with AIX4.2. We ran MKKFE
generating a certificate, but is a PEM certificate instead of PKCS10.
This resulted that when we tried to request a certificate from CA it
complained "Invalid DER encoding". Any one met this problem before and
any ideas?  Thanks,

                         Qun Du