ADSM-L

Re: NT- BackUp into ZIP

1998-11-17 15:29:16
Subject: Re: NT- BackUp into ZIP
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:29:16 -0800
From the Administraors Reference:

& >>--DEFine DEVclass--devclassname--DEVType--=--REMOVABLEfile--------->
&
&                             +-MOUNTRetention--=--60------------+
&
& >--LIBRary--=--libraryname--+----------------------------------+----->
&
&                             +-MOUNTRetention--=--mountretvalue-+
&
&
&
&    +-MAXCAPacity--=--spaceremaining-+
&
& >--+--------------------------------+-------------------------------->
&
&    +-MAXCAPacity--=--maxcap---------+
&
&
&
&    +-MOUNTWait--=--60-------------+  +-TWOSided--=--No------+
&
& >--+------------------------------+--+----------------------+-------->
&
&    +-MOUNTWait--=--mountwaitvalue-+  +-TWOSided--=----No----+
&
&                                                     +-Yes-+
&
&
&
&    +-MOUNTLimit--=--DRIVES--------------+
&
& >--+------------------------------------+---------------------------><
&
&    +-MOUNTLimit--=----DRIVES------------+
&
&                     +-mountlimitvalue-&
&
&                     +-0---------------+
&
&
&
Parameters for DEFINE DEVCLASS, REMOVABLEFILE

devclassname
     Specifies the name of the device class to be defined. This
parameter is required. The maximum length of
     the device class name is 30 characters.

DEVType=REMOVABLEfile
     Specifies that the REMOVABLEFILE device type is assigned to the
device class. This parameter is required.
     REMOVABLEFILE indicates that the volumes for this device class are
files on local, removable media.
     Common drives for this device type include Iomega Zip and Jaz
drives, and SyQuest drives. To access
     volumes that belong to this device class, the server requests that
the removable media be mounted in
     drives. The server then opens a file on the media and reads or
writes file data. Removable file drives are
     treated as single sided. Two-sided media are treated as two
separate volumes.

     The server recognizes that the media can be removed and that
additional media can be inserted, subject to
     limits set with the MOUNTLIMIT parameter for the device class and
the MAXSCRATCH parameter for the
     storage pool.

     Volumes in a device class with device type REMOVABLEFILE are
sequential access volumes.