ADSM-L

Re: No query restore rep=all -ifn

1998-11-17 12:13:47
Subject: Re: No query restore rep=all -ifn
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:13:47 -0600
Hi Tina,
I just tried what you did.  It appears if I restore individual files, I
don't get a tape mount.  But if I do entire subdirectories like this
mydir\*.*   I do get the tape mounts.    Maybe it has something to do with
ADSM needing to automatically restore any child subdirectories of the
directory I've listed??    When I do a restore of a directory that has
subdirectories, the subdirectory names get restored regardless if any files
get restored.   And if the subdirectories are on tape instead of disk  (we
don't have a DIRCLASS for disk that is fully implemented yet),   maybe
that's why the automatic tape mounts??
Thanks,
Julie

Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM> on 11/17/98 09:45:17 AM