ADSM-L

NT backup client problem

1998-11-13 09:38:47
Subject: NT backup client problem
From: Michael Zive <Michael_Zive AT PRENHALL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:38:47 -0500
     I am current running an adsm server version 2.1.0.14 on NT and a
     version 3.1.3 backup client on the same machine. I am encountering a
     problem were the client hangs, when the person uses the client and
     tries to log out of the client, the client hangs. I have contacted
     ADSM support on this matter, and they don't have a clue to solving
     this problem. I also know that they will not support a server 2 and
     that is a problem to us. The only solution that adsm support gave me
     was to upgrade the server and client to the lastest version. But that
     is not a solution that can be done right away for us. We have plans to
     upgrade in the future. We are also running the above server and client
     at another location and we are not having this problem there. Is there
     any way I could fix this problem. If you have any suggestions am I
     willing to try them.

     Thanks in advance
     Michael Zive
     Simon and Schuster