ADSM-L

[no subject]

1998-11-12 17:22:00
From: Nancy Young <youngny AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:22:00 -0500
Fredrik Lundholm wrote:

>"Another thing is that I still haven't grasped is how to let each user
>restore his own files on the fileserver.. It seems that IBM has a seriously
>screwed picture on how to differentiate between client machines and users. :)"

For multiuser systems such as UNIX, you may use the DSMC SET ACCESS command to
authorize another user on the same ADSM client system.  For example, if you use
the ROOT user to backup all /home directories on MACHINE1 with ADSM node name
of MACHINE1 but you would like to allow user KAREN to restore her files
residing under /home/karen, you could invoke

    DSMC SET ACCESS "/home/karen/*" MACHINE1 KAREN

to grant Karen the access of the files in /home/karen/ that ROOT backed up.

Karen could log in and invoke DSMC  RESTORE to restore her files in the
/home/karen directory.

Instead of command line, you may also use the GUI - under Utilities, use the
USER ACCESS LIST to grant access to another user and ACCESS ANOTHER USER to
access files that are backed up/owned by another user.

Regards,
Nancy Young

Email: youngny AT us.ibm DOT com

###  Find the latest ADSM information at http://www.storage.ibm.com/ADSM  ###