ADSM-L

Re: OS/390 Server

1998-11-12 08:52:43
Subject: Re: OS/390 Server
From: Bob La Brie <labrie AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:52:43 -0500
The MPTHREADING support on MVS can be used if you have Enterprise Management
    level code 3.1.2.0 applied.  APAR PQ19265 (spin loop) can occur under
certain conditions
    and will be fixed in the next PTF.  A fixtest for this problem is available
on index.storsys.ibm.com.
     We are still working through some of the performance issues with
MPTHREADING, however
      the option reportedly provides some relief to migration and heavy
BU/archive loads
      where several hundred simultaneous sessions are moving data to a single
server.
      Admin commands and central scheduling work can stack up behind client work
      during heavy client loading when MPTHREADING is not used.
   Thanks, Bob La Brie ADSM Development

---------------------- Forwarded by Bob La Brie/Tucson/IBM on 11/12/98 06:20 AM
06:20 AM
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 11/11/98 11:43:58 PM
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 11/11/98 11:43:58 PM
Please respond to Andreas.Buser AT basler DOT ch