ADSM-L

Multiple ADSM servers vs. one or two

1998-11-11 16:01:31
Subject: Multiple ADSM servers vs. one or two
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:01:31 -0600
Our environment:

V2 ADSM Server on VM
V2 and V3 Clients on Windows 95, NT, Netware
Two ADSM servers

The idea was brought up here today that perhaps it would be a good idea to
have more ADSM servers and "spread the load" so to speak over a broader
area.  It was thought that perhaps it might be more efficient processing.
Since we lost our database once and we have approximately 500 workstations
for one server, I thought of it in terms of reducing the impact of such
disasters.   Also, as our database grows, querying it can be a very slow
process sometimes.

If any of you have multiple server setups or just thoughts on multiple server
setups I'd appreciate any input you might have as to the pros and cons.

Thanks.