ADSM-L

OS/390 Server

1998-11-11 15:02:16
Subject: OS/390 Server
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:02:16 PST
I have a question for the OS/390 server developers.  We have an R52 and
an R14 processor and currently run two ADSM servers on the R52.  We are
finding that one of the biggest limiting factors we currently have is
the capacity of the R52 processors. That's the main reason why we are
running two servers.

I would like to know if there are plans to enable the ADSM server to use
multiple processors on the OS/390 platform?  I need to make a recommen-
dation regarding the possible upgrade of the R14 to an R24 in order to
handle the ADSM load.  The use of multiple processors would allow us to
leave our servers on their existing box and delay upgrading of our R14.

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
shs AT sddpc.sannet DOT gov