ADSM-L

atldd 3.2.1.0

1998-11-10 22:58:11
Subject: atldd 3.2.1.0
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:58:11 +1100
G'day,

First some configuration information:

        3494 library with 4 x 3590 tape drives
        AIX 4.2.1 host
        Library connected to host via LAN connection

It was recommended to us by an IBM engineer to 'install the latest versions
of atldd and atape'. Of course no-one in IBM seems to be able to tell us
explicitly which versions are the latest. However, I copied the latest (by
date) kits from /devdrvr/AIX on index.storsys.ibm.com, exluding those that
have 'eng' in the name (apparently they aren't formally released versions).
The versions were Atape 4.1.7.0 and atldd 3.2.1.0.

I installed them both and the installation completed without error. However,
I am unable to get the lmcpd process running. In one of the log files (I
think that it was /var/adm/ras/lmcpd_atl.log but it has since been
overwritten) complaining about an invalid format of the configuration file.
I assume that the file involved is /etc/ibmatl.conf. Ours looks like this:

        atlc    aupozs674       aupozx673
        atlg    aupozs672       aupozx673

There are a lot of errors in the AIX system error log but only two types:

        Error parsing initialzation file: No such file or directory, Exiting
        Bad path or unknown IP address of library: atlc, No such file or
directory

I went back to atldd version 3.1.2.0 and all worked just fine. Upgraded
again and the same failure occured. Is anyone else running atldd 3.2.1.0? Is
there are change in format and/or location of the ibmatl.conf file?

regards,

Trevor