ADSM-L

Re: STK9714 drive cleaning

1998-11-10 11:32:18
Subject: Re: STK9714 drive cleaning
From: "Louie, James" <LouieJ AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:32:18 -0500
We have a 9710 and have the same question.  I'm still waiting for STK to
come back with an answer.  As far as I know, ADSM does not get involved with
tape drive cleaning on the 9710.  ADSM will however report media or drive
failures and suggest a drive cleaning (as I have found out too many times).
The 9710, if set for autoclean via the front panel, is supposed to insert
the cleaning tape after it exceeds a certain internal threshold for
read/write errors.  My questions are 1)what are those thresholds and how are
they set  2)how can I tell when a drive was last cleaned  3)how will I know
when the cleaning tape is used up  4)how can I force a cleaning of a
particular drive?

Any answers would be appreciated!

Thanks,
James Louie