ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT Disaster Restore Testing

1998-11-10 07:58:23
Subject: Re: ADSM NT Disaster Restore Testing
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:58:23 -0500
>As you can see, you have to go through a lengthy volume-restore before
>you can proceed with you client restore.  We didn't find that too
>acceptable.  This problem affects both v2 and v3.

What an IBMer apparently told you about restoring files from a destroyed
primary tape pool disagrees with the Admin manual.  To quote from the v2
manual, chapter 14, under "Recovery from a Disaster":

    If a user tries to get a file that was stored on a destroyed volume,
    the retrieval request goes to the copy storage pool. In this way,
    clients can be recoverd with no data movement at all.

(The standard proviso applies, that the ADSM database be in sync with
 the copy storage pool state.)

        Richard Sims, BU