ADSM-L

NT-scheduler and adsm.sys-files changed during processing.

2015-10-04 17:51:03
Subject: NT-scheduler and adsm.sys-files changed during processing.
From: Roel Alkema Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut, Groningen
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello, NT-users (of version3)

In the past I have seen a number of questions/answers about files that were
changed during the backup of the registry files to the ADSM-server,
when the automatic scheduler runs, but no real answer.
I also see these problems, and have no idea how to change that.

When I do a manual registry-backup its OK.

The message in the logfile indicate that the saving (to the local folder
adsm.sys) was successfull. All the files seems to be there.

Has NT the file(s) still open, when the backup starts perhaps?
I have also tried to add an extra line in the DSM.OPT to explicitly
backup the c:\adsm.sys\...\*.* because the subdirectories fail, but to no
effect.

Thanks, Roel