ADSM-L

NT Scheduler

1998-11-06 09:15:38
Subject: NT Scheduler
From: Janie Pendergraft <jpenderg AT STJ DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 08:15:38 -0600
Yesterday I was setting up 2 NT 4.0 Servers to run ADSM V 2.1.x. When I
went to install the adsm scheduler it gave me a message I haven't run into
before. I am not sure if it is NT related or ADSM. It said:

The specified service was successfully installed.

Creating /Updating Registry entries

The string allocation failed

Problem Creating/Updating Registry Entries.
The service may not start or run correctly.

Use the update registry option to correct.

So I ran the update registry option and it said:

GetServiceNames: String allocation error

When I got through I checked and the ADSM Scheduler was there in the NT
services so I started it. This morning I came in and the backups did not
run. The services says the ADSM scheduler is running and I didn't see
anything in the dsmsched.log file. It was empty.

I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated. This morning I
just ran them manually until I figure out what is wrong.

Janie Pendergraft
St. John's Regional Medical Center
Joplin, Mo. 64804
jpenderg AT stj DOT com