ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:51:03
J,

We're currently running a V3.1.1.3 NT ADSM Server backing up V2.1.0.6 ADSM
NT clients (running NT Server 4.0) and we automatically cancel any backups
still running at 6:30 in the morning.  We also configure our schedule
windows so that backups don't start/restart after 6:00.  And that is
working for us at those software levels; the clients running at 6:30 get
cancelled and stay cancelled.  So, I'd say either your schedule window is
incorrectly configured or you have a bug.

Regarding server CPU, we typically see ADSM NT Server utilization run at
<20% utilization during backups.  So, the 36%-75% utilization you're
describing with an MVS server is probably not typical of ADSM in general.
I've read notes on the forum indicating that some versions of TCP/IP for
MVS suffer from performance problems and that some versions are better than
others.  If you're using TCP/IP for your communications protocol, you might
want to use RMF to do some more isolation on the performance problem.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha

jhealy AT CHUBB DOT COM on 11/03/98 04:57:22 PM