ADSM-L

Re: reclaim of tape volumes & CPF4290

1998-11-04 23:01:55
Subject: Re: reclaim of tape volumes & CPF4290
From: Dennis Knee <dknee AT NAZARENE DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:01:55 -0600
We are using a 3570 config'd as base. A comment in the op. man.
indicated that this would allow ADSM to use both libraries for
reclamation. This is what I was experimenting with when I did something
that caused the last file on the tape to be marked as continued. Another
volume has 1 file: ADSM.EXP, created 10/30/98, before I started
experimenting with reclamation. The 3rd, and last vol avail to ADSM is
blank.

When I try to use ADSM I get CPF4290, since the last file is marked
continued, but the rest is missing. CPF4290 indicates that I can salvage
the tape files; however, how would I do this and not confuse the ADSM
data base?

Thank you,
--
Dennis Knee