ADSM-L

Re: Restore from a different node on NT

1998-11-04 19:49:36
Subject: Re: Restore from a different node on NT
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:49:36 +1000
Riccardo,

We do the same thing, but on OS/2, using ADSM V3.

For some reason we had the opposite problem, where the ADSM scheduler would not
backup from one machine to another, but the command line worked fine.
Ultimately, I wrote a small REXX program that does the schedule restore
operation.

You must make sure that the disk labels on both the source and the destination
machine are identical.

The following command is run on the destination machine:-

rest -rep=yes -subdir=yes -fromn=source x:\*.*

where:-

rest
is the restore command (d'oh)

-rep=yes
replace files on destination server if they are changed in the source replace
files on destination server if they are changed in the source server

-subd=yes
do subdirectories
do subdirectories

-fromn=source
u gotta tell the destination machine where the files comes from
u gotta tell the destination machine where the files comes from

x:\*.*
the destination hard drive where the files are to go

Don't forget to let ADSM know that the destination machine has permission to
get files from the source machine.

If you need to restore more than one drive, you will need to run a second
command with the different drive. If you want, I'll send u the REXX code (u can
run Personal REXX on NT that should work same as the OS/2 REXX).

Regards
Shane