ADSM-L

Re: 3570 errors continued

1998-11-04 13:22:46
Subject: Re: 3570 errors continued
From: Pat Mills <Pat_Mills AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:22:46 -0800
We and IBM have been working on a 3570 problem for about 3 weeks now.  Of
course the first culprit is always microcode.

The level we are now running on 2 3570s is an unreleased version.

EC C70552
LINK D1I4_22F

Didn't fix my problem. But why would it? It works for a year then self
destructs? I don't think so.

One 3570 works the other doesn't. When I do a "audit libr LIB1", after it
reads the label on the second tape, doesn't matter what position that
second tape is in, and fails with a ANR8300E.
Description= The destination slot or drive was full in an attempt to move a
volume.

Hardware? Software? Hardware?...........

I'm beginning to think we'll never know.

Pat