ADSM-L

Re: SQL*Backtrack object deletion

1998-11-03 22:17:13
Subject: Re: SQL*Backtrack object deletion
From: Chris Knott <cknott AT RCN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 22:17:13 -0500
Hi

A suggestion :-

You could try adding a new Management Class into the same
Policy Domain

Then by adding to the DSM.OPT for example

"include  SQLDATA/.../*  SQLMGNTCLASS"

where SQLDATA/.../* is your SQL data directory
and SQLMGNTCLASS is your extra Management Class in the
same Policy Domain.

On the next backup this would rebind your data to the new extra
class giving your the ability to set ageing for this data type
(Management Class)

(The nice thing is that the node name stays in the same Policy
Domain and you don't have to worry about creating new
nodenames etc.)

Check with your local ADSM Guru as I am not sure whether this
would rebind all the previous data as it is in the same Policy
Domain but would certainly give you the opportunity of handling
your new data in a different way.

I know this rebinding occurs when deleting Management Classes
and creating new ones, but I am not sure about the data when it
needs splitting.

Regards
Chris