ADSM-L

Re: multiple buta instances

1998-11-03 09:57:20
Subject: Re: multiple buta instances
From: Ruth Mitchell <mitchell AT TC.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 09:57:20 -0500
John,

Sounds like you might not have defined a tape coordinator/portoffset
pair for this port number. Check the output of the AFS command
'backup listhosts'. This should show you something like:

        Tape hosts:
            Host foo, port offset NN
            Host bar, port offset NN

To define additional pairs, use:

backup addhost -tapehost <tape machine name> [-portoffset<TC port offset>]

You have to define unique port offsets for each instance of buta
you plan to use, otherwise, only the first occurrence defined to
the AFS backup database will be used. This procedure is discussed in the
'AFS/DFS Backup Clients' ADSM manual, as well as in the 'AFS System
Administrator's Guide'.

--Ruth