ADSM-L

multiple buta instances

1998-11-03 09:21:50
Subject: multiple buta instances
From: "J. O'Neall" <oneall AT IN2P3 DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:21:50 +0100
I must have misunderstood something.

I'm starting to test the use of buta in our ADSM/AFS environment.  I started
up one copy of buta (port 0) and then a dump to it.  So far so good.

Then I start another copy of buta, with the same options except port 2.  The
ADSM server sees both sessions.  But  when I do a dump specifying port 2

   backup dump volset dumplevel -porto 2

it prepares the dump, lists the volumes ... and bombs out with a message

backup: no such host/port entry ; Can't connect to tape coordinator at port
2

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong.  It seems that you need as many
buta instances as you want to run simultaneous dumps, right?

Thanks in advance.  John

John O'Neall
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3