ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent backup question

1998-11-03 08:14:08
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent backup question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:14:08 -0500
Salvatore,

The Exchange Agent logs to its own "activity log".  Look at your
"EXCHFULL.CMD" to find out what file it is logging to.
(The "/LOGFILE:filename" option is used to specify a log file.)
The only thing that will be logged to the base "schedule" log
will be the "start" and "end" of the scheduled event, which,
in your case, is just the execution of a ".CMD" file.

Also, if the EXCHFULL.CMD file starts the backup with the
"START EXCDSMC /BACKUP:is,full  ...etc...etc" then the
backup could still be running.  You should be able to check
this by doing a "query session" on the ADSM server to see
if the session for the backup is still running.
The Exchange server will not allow two backups to be running
at the same time for the same database.

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler