ADSM-L

Usage of CHANGINGRETRIES option

1998-11-02 23:29:54
Subject: Usage of CHANGINGRETRIES option
From: Davis Yee <ywkyee AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 20:29:54 PST
I would like to know where this option should be defined ? As I define
it in /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.sys ( client-node ) and it seen doesn't
work.

Can I pass this option when issue dsmc command ?
In our case, we will backup a lot of oracle datafile in hot backup mode,
and it take a lot of backup time during backup retry ( because every
datafile have been changed during backup ). Is there any way to skip the
retry during backup when it detect the change of datafile ?
I mean just to backup the datafile whatever it changed or not.

Thanks for any comments.

Davis Yee.