ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler not contacting to client

1998-10-28 16:10:51
Subject: Re: Scheduler not contacting to client
From: Alan White <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:10:51 -0000
Howard

>     schedule backups they are not getting through...
>                 ANR2561I Schedule prompter contacting N9ETH0 (session 282)
>      to start a scheduled operation.
>                 ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client
>     N9ETH0 using type 1 ( E' Y8 1501).
>
>                 ANR8213W Session open with  1H timed out.

The addresses in brackets look odd - I would have expected IP addresses and
the 8213 message should have the node name - has the client scheduler ever
contacted the server so it knows what the address to call is? I would have
expected ADSM to have complained more completely if this was the case
though. Interested to hear the outcome.

Regards
Alan