ADSM-L

dsmadmc -consolemode

1998-10-29 13:58:51
Subject: dsmadmc -consolemode
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:58:51 -0500
>I start a consolemode session with one of my adsm servers and it works
>just fine, I get all the unsolicited messages adsm is generating.
>There are no time stamps on any of the messages.  Is there a way to
>get time stamps on the messages?

Sadly, consolemode has historically not prepended timestamps to its output.
But on the other hand, consolemode is often used to feed data to programs,
such that you can add your own timestamps exactly as you want them as
each line comes in.  In Unix you can redirect the output of such a session
to a script/program which does your bidding, or you can issue a Perl open()
to read the data via pipe.
     Richard Sims, BU