ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on AIX - Storage Pool Question

1998-10-28 16:24:46
Subject: Re: ADSM on AIX - Storage Pool Question
From: Andrew Swift <Andrew.Swift AT CENTRAL.COLESMYER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:24:46 +1100
Hello Andy,

With Non-cached SSA, you do see a performance benefit by striping.
I haven't tested cached SSA, but cached EMC SCSI disks definitely perform
better
striped, due to the cache maximisation effect.

For performance, personal observations lean me towards striping on storage
pools,
and adsm-mirrored db and log volumes (not stripped)

Andrew Swift
*andrew.swift AT colesmyer.com DOT au
*61 (3) 9483 7629