ADSM-L

ADSM on AIX - Storage Pool Question

1998-10-28 11:21:19
Subject: ADSM on AIX - Storage Pool Question
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:21:19 -0600
I am contemplating how to set up my storage pools on an AIX ADSM.  I was
wondering if ADSM stripes the output to the storage pools.  I guess the
root of my question is, I can make each SSA volume a storage pool
volume, or use AIX's striping and make one large storage pool volume.
Which way would the performace be better?  Thanks.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://www.anet-stl.com/~andyc/animal.html