ADSM-L

Re: REGBack NO option in NT-client not working.

1998-10-28 09:05:14
Subject: Re: REGBack NO option in NT-client not working.
From: "Roel Alkema Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut, Groningen" <ALKEMA AT KVI DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:05:14 +0100
Thanks Andy,

Here are the results

>Hello Roel,
>
>I tried using the ADSM scheduler service to do a backup, and it
>does honor the BACKUPREG NO option.
>
>You should check a couple of things:
>
>1) Do a QUERY SCHEDULE F=D for your schedule. Is -BACKUPR=YES in
>   the OPTIONS field?

The OPTIONS field is empty.

>2) Run the scheduler from the command line like this:
>
>   DSMC SCH -BACKUPR=NO
>
>   Does it continue to back up the registry?

No it does not backup the registry, and the rest of the includes/excludes are
also working properly.

>3) Are you sure that you are using the options file that you think
>   you are using? Maybe you have more than one options file and you
>   are updating the wrong one? To test this, put an invalid entry
>   in the options file, then run DSMC. Does it complain about an
>   invalid option? If not, then you are pointing to the wrong
>   options file.

Yes, I am shure, there is only one file on the whole server, but I have
put the wrong command in it as a test, and indeed DSMC complains.

>Perhaps these things can help shed some light on the problem.

I have no idea why it does not work with the DSMSVC scheduler. The only
thing I can imagine is that the folder where I stored the program files
c:\Program Files\ADSM\IBM..... is not acceptable by some DOS-related programs
because exceeding the 8.3 convention. But the scheduler is a real NT-program
so I can hardly belief that.

What else can I do now.

Regards, Roel