ADSM-L

Re: Crazy Problems !!!

1998-10-27 23:00:30
Subject: Re: Crazy Problems !!!
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:00:30 -0600
     need more info...
     what does the q stg show... & q stg f=d
     are there any next pools, what are the devices

     OH!!! Wait I rememeber now...
     YOUR directory stuff always goes to the management class with the
     LONGEST retention unless you force it to another... so when it
     archives the files, it first archives directory info in the monthly
     pool, if this has the longest retention.

     You can really see this if you just archive a single file... the
     accounting records (last I checked) show two objects archived but I
     believe the summary info seen on the client reflects only one.

     So that's it... I believe you may also use the -dirmc with the archive
     cmd... I'm not really sure on that but you can double check...

     later,
          Dwight