ADSM-L

Crazy Problems !!!

1998-11-04 22:31:58
Subject: Crazy Problems !!!
From: Leandro Carneiro Torres <ctorres AT SERVICEINF.COM DOT BR>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 01:31:58 -0200
Folks,
I have the following crazy problem and I need a quick help.

I have tree Management Class:

NET    PADRAO    DAILY    uses the Storage Pool DAILY_POOL
NET    PADRAO    WEEKLY   uses the Storage Pool WEEKLY_POOL
NET    PADRAO    MONTHLY  uses the Storage Pool MONTHLY_POOL

When I execute the following command:

    dsmc archive sys:\*.* -archmc=weekly

The ADSM Server monts one tape to the MONTHLY_POOL, check the label,
dismount this tape, and monts the correct tape (that belongs to the
WEEKLY_POOL).

This problem disappear if I remove the Archive Copy Group that belongs
to the Management Class MONTHLY.

I have the following environment:

Server: ADSM Server for AIX version 3.1.1.5
Client:  ADSM Client for Netware with IP21370 (the last fixe for
netware)

In the past I have this similar problem with another environment:

Server: ADSM Server for NT version 3.1.x.x
Client: ADSM Client for NT version 3.1.x.x

Any Help ????

Thanks in advance,
Leandro.