ADSM-L

3575 checkin problems

1998-10-27 10:44:06
Subject: 3575 checkin problems
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:44:06 -0600
Now I really messed something up.  OK, I put all the tapes in
my 3575 library and went to run an:

audit library 3575lib checklabel=barcode

It seem to work for a while, but then it got to a broken tape.  I
removed the broken tape, but now I get these errors:

ANR8788W; Unable to read barcode of cartridge in slot-id 47 (through) 211
in library 3575lib:  loading in drive to read label.

I tried using:

checkin libv 3575lib search=yes stat=scratch checklabel=barcode

I get:

ANR8813W; Unable to read the barcode of the cartridge in slot element
47........211

I even tried:

label libvol 3575lib search=yes labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch

Same errors there too.

I looked up errors, but it does not tell me much.  I know it is
reading the labels ok, b/c it does have about 65 of the 180 tapes
labeled and are in use.

How can I get this thing to checkin and label these tapes?

AIX 4.2.1.  ADSM 3.1.1.5, H50 server.

Thanks, Ben