ADSM-L

Re: REGBack NO option in NT-client not working.

1998-10-27 09:12:21
Subject: Re: REGBack NO option in NT-client not working.
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:12:21 -0500
Hello Roel,

I tried using the ADSM scheduler service to do a backup, and it
does honor the BACKUPREG NO option.

You should check a couple of things:

1) Do a QUERY SCHEDULE F=D for your schedule. Is -BACKUPR=YES in
   the OPTIONS field?

2) Run the scheduler from the command line like this:

   DSMC SCH -BACKUPR=NO

   Does it continue to back up the registry?

3) Are you sure that you are using the options file that you think
   you are using? Maybe you have more than one options file and you
   are updating the wrong one? To test this, put an invalid entry
   in the options file, then run DSMC. Does it complain about an
   invalid option? If not, then you are pointing to the wrong
   options file.

Perhaps these things can help shed some light on the problem.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Joanne,

You hit the point I think. It is working correctly when I use the dsmc i
command by hand, but not when the incremental backup is started through the
scheduler automatically. So can you give me an idea what is the difference
between this two modes?
Does dsmcsvc.exe (scheduler) start the dsmci.exe program, or is it a
completely different way of backing up.

Thanks, Roel