ADSM-L

AW: Desaster Recovery NT on CD-ROM

1998-10-26 07:15:51
Subject: AW: Desaster Recovery NT on CD-ROM
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:15:51 +0100
Werner,
there is an alliance between IBM and STAC to make Stac Replica become an
ADSM option.
Replicas "object replication" method right now does a really fast imagelike
dump onto a locally mounted tape. With the ADSM feature the mounted tape
resides in the ADSM server. A special CD-R is created for recovery.
In case of a disaster the server can be booted from this CDROM, all features
get installed preliminary and the dump comes back into the server.

The feature is not available yet, but is expected for early 1999. Comparing
the announced features with those of the available ADSM DRM bare metal
recovery, I think it'll be worth waiting.

Regards,
Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl