ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:52:22
Hi,

> ADSM provides a Export Node/Import Node function which can be used to do
> the kind of transfer you're interested in.

> Export Node' copies the actual file data as well as the ADSM database
> information needed to reconstruct the ADSM database to a tape which can
be
> checked out of one library and into the other library.

So there is no chance to just copy the information about tape contents to
another server? I wanted to take the tape with the database backup without
creating a new tape if possible. With 20 GB tapes and only 1 drive I would
need a lot of temporary space or a lot of time because of all the necessary
tape changes to copy all the data to new tapes.

  regards

         Harry