ADSM-L

Re: DataBase Mirroring

1998-10-22 10:23:04
Subject: Re: DataBase Mirroring
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:23:04 -0400
Hi Alex,

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS, BUT:

If you lost the disk with the ADSM code, you would obviously have to
reinstall ADSM.

When the ADSM server starts, it locates its data base and log by looking in
the adsmserv.dsk file (that's what it's called on AIX, look for a file with
a similar name on NT.)

After you reinstall the code, that file will have the names of the
newly-installed data base and log.

I THINK you could get away with reinstalling the code, then editing that
adsmserv.disk file to point to the old data base and log.

If I were working with your setup, I would ALSO keep on the standalone
drive:

a mirror of the recovery log
a copy of volhist
a copy of devconfig